Remember Swish Publications.







I know from the coments I have had over a period of time that I was not alone in finding the Swish Publications outlet in Londons Soho an oasis of delight in an almost barren desert for fans of female combat.I would doubt that Iam alone in saying that my first VHS Video purchase was on the basis of a report I had read in Amazons in Action.



So it was with great delight that I found a fans group on Yahoo dedicated to those Swish offerings of the time,not just AIA,but Fighting Gals Monthly and Claws.My own favourite was AIA mainly because it dealt with the real thing as opposed to Claws and sometimes FG which tended to go down the road of fantasy.I for one was never sure on what issue number any of these mags ceased publication because there arrival in Swish's own outlet in London,let alone anywhere out of the metropolis was to say the least very unpredictable.AIA became a quarterly and FG was supposedly a monthly.



Any fan who wishes to wallow in nostalgia can find the group on Yahoo as Swishfgmclawsamazonsinaction-appreciationgroup.



Hopefully the group will grow and prosper as in it's photo section there are a small group of photos from early LGIS bouts featuring a few girls not too familiar to me,Gypsy Red,Sally Bowels and Margo Mcmillan.Though Ido recall one of them fighting under another name.



FOOTNOTE****For fans of nostalgia the aformentioned magazines are being offered on the net at around twenty pounds.








Comments

  1. Hi, great blog by the way!

    Can you please post a link to this yahoo group, as I can't find it at all?

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link is correct,the problem would appear to be with yahoo groups.I have had problems myself of late.
    Glen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These hard-copy mags must have had a huge following.

    They might be from yester-millenium but they're still great to see.

    Hang in there, Swish.

    For the Y! Group, go here:

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/swishfgmclawsamazonsinaction_appreciationgroup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mag. does anyone know what happened to the retai outlet? The on in Greek st seems to have shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swish was sold off but the new owner didn't want AiA or FGM hence they died.Ann Swann was the daily working editor and sometime contributor. They had another depot near the Thames by London Bridge station but I guess that was sold too1 As an ex contributor myself keep up the good work & don't forget their excellent art work by Puyal

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anyone is interested i do know of a company who took on a lot of the stock. Let me know on here and i will forward the details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. as an aussie I remember going to greek street like some spiritual home. I never thought that with all the love of female fighting in the world, a place like swish would ever close down. I was amazed by what was available in swish. RIP. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just one word of warning, guys we cannot rely on yahoo. For example I am a member of a yahoo group called womeninbearhugs. Groups 1-9 they are so popular. But half the time when I go to logon i am told there is/are no such group. This is rubbish. Sometimes I can only get to my groups thru bookmarks in my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just started a thread on Vintage Erotica Forum for sharing scans of these mags - and any others like them

    http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?p=1602189#post1602189

    there is also a yahoo group dedicated to these mags which contains quite a few scans

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/swishfgmclawsamazonsinaction_appreciationgroup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi thanks for the link to my swish yahoo group I started the group for fans of the three swish mags. I was also a contributor with stories to claws and fgm. I have my own web site were my adult wrestling stoies are available battle-annals

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBUTE TO BECKY!!!