YOUR MEMORIES.

I have mentioned before the Yahoo Group devoted to Swish Publications who brought us such memorable magazines such as Amazons in Action.That mention brought a coment from one young whipersnapper wanting to know more of the good old days(his words not mine).He brought up the subject because after my mention of AIA he had managed to obtain a couple of copies and wanted to know more of those halcyon days.
For myself AIA was the mag that largely kept me in touch with the scene,though I often found trying to buy it anywhere to the north of London almost impossible and the dates it was due out was also rather difficult to follow.
The clip featured here I recall was featured in the odd picture and from memory was one of the first times I heard mention of the Danube Women,now such a major part of the scene.My copy was mainly bought from the Swish Shop in Soho,indeed in the early days there were two such shops,the earliest I seem to recall was in Greek Street and demolished as part of a redevelopment project.
For the benefit of one young fan I look forward to hearing your memories of that time which in my mind seems like only yesterday!!!

Comments

  1. I well remember the days,I too was an infrequent visitor to London so on every visit I would stock up on the latest copy of AIA and trade in my video for Festelles latest offering.My wife could never understand my interest and went under sufference to the only live action I saw at the time which tended to be when that old favourite Mitzi Mueller was appearing in the Midlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mention of the original Swish shop in Soho reminded me of your coments about our old friend in Chester and her wanking shed,I for one well recall the viewing booths in both shops where for I think it was fifty pence you could view a few minutes of super 8 film projected onto the back of a door.The films were about on a par with old silent movies and the floor littered with discarded tissues and was often so sticky your feet stuck too it.HAPPY DAYS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBUTE TO BECKY!!!