JUST A THOUGHT 98.

WHEN DO YOU KNOW?
I was listening to a debate on radio the other day about when we realise we are getting older,I can remember in my fathers day he and his friends were of the opinion that they had passed their sell by date when policemen began to look young.
Only last weekend I had my own thoughts on the subject when myself and a friend called for a beer at a local bar only to find despite the freezing temperature that we looked over dressed.
Now I am used to seeing my local postman doing his rounds,winter and summer in a pair of shorts,but young men on a freezing Friday night in shorts and t shirt!!
To make things worse many were accompanied by scantily clad young ladies with,to quote a phrase nipples sticking out like chapel hat pegs.
Just to clarify for the benefit of those haven't attended church recently,almost all chapels in the UK were as a rule well heated and provided a peg to hang ones hat and coat,hence the reference to nipples on a cold day.
Oh yes he is!Oh no he's not!
My friends outside the UK will possibly not seen this on tv,presenter/general nice guy Phillip Schofield announced live on tv that after 27 years of marriage and two daughters he is gay.
Shock,horror!!!No,this is the worst kept secret in show business.On the sofa with the lovely Holly he shed tears just at the right time declaring that his wife and family were behind him and supporting him.
Why am I sceptical??Apart from the fact that it was hardly a secret!!Is anyone bothered?Show business as any number people from news readers to pop stars who are gay but have never taken to making a grand announcement.
Before anyone calls me homophobic,it's a fact that my ex wife as been helping out the other side for some time and has never felt the need for big announcement,we are still on good terms,often going on holiday and weekends away together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBUTE TO BECKY!!!