PIONEERS!!!!


Mention of Sue Catkins bout with Sandra brought to mind what a pioneer Sue was.Sue Atkins to give her the name she was born with was found by Alastair Segerdal a photographer and reporter,not to mention a great fan of womens boxing who sadly passed away in 2003.Alastair I believe was one of the fans who reported on the LGIS show at Watford for Amazons in Action magazine.This was the show when Sue took on a topless Karen Hecke,with the referee having to stop the contest to save the bare breasted German girl further punishment.Sue was a gardener from Streatham in South London and rather surprisingly was introduced to boxing by her boyfriend.Despite female boxing being in its infancy Sue's career was still evident in 1993 when she fought a bout at the Foresters Arms in Tooting Broadway.

Comments

  1. I followed your blog from the off and have noted that you had an ex who took part.I am writing this in search of your advice,I have throughout my marriage fantasised about my wife wrestling.To no avail this despite her a keen gymn goer who thinks nothing of going topless on holiday in Spain and admitting to getting excited by other men looking at her body.She even agrees from time to time to play wrestle with me,but will not take on another woman.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBUTE TO BECKY!!!