Nostalgia.THE FAVOURITES..



I am possibly selling one of these girls a little short when I compare them with those of their rivals on Merseyside because at least one of them Vicky Montrose was a good looking girl who loved a fight.I did once observe that she loved it so much she would probably have done it for no cash reward.I have always wondered if two of her bouts were ever filmed,they were those when she put on the boxing gloves and fought Sue Brittain at Beacholme Holiday Park,Cleethorpes,Lincolnshire and also a bout which I have no idea where it took place when she fought a girl I believe called Kerry???
The other girl who was a great favourite arrived on these shores from India and took up residence in Glasgow,Alkala Jan was of course the name making her debut in May 75 at the Pudsey Civic Center for Ace Promotions and still being active into the 80s.Sadly she passed away fairly recently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBUTE TO BECKY!!!