THE REAL KENDO!!!!

Away from the female wrestling scene a very interesting scenario as come about with the legend that was Kendo Nagasaki releasing a book for a charitable cause.During recent weeks he as appeared in a number of interviews as himself Peter Thornley and proved to be very eloquent for a man who as his alter ego never spoke.
I have to admit that I shall have to invest in the book as Kendo was one of the mystery's of the UK wrestling scene for many years.It's interesting that when my ex saw these clips she couldn't believe her eyes,as a number of years back a friend of ours who was a promoter had Kendo on one of his shows and when he appeared we were just by the dressing room door as the speaker system boomed out Kendo's Theme a composition by his then manager Lloyd Ryan and the man appeared and she admitted to being struck by a feeling of fear so good was the presentation.
I have seen a few out takes from the book and one part which I put down to poetic licence is when he met his first manager the late George Gillet,now I was told a slightly different story by a guy in the business who always claimed his wife found George the gay icon of the time.

Comments

  1. If I have time I'll probably see the YT videos later but for now I'll just say I'm glad your UK Mystery Man is now known and I commend him for his charitable endeavour regarding his book ... Apparently he's composed at least a couple of them ... Since I haven't seen the YT videos yet I'm assuming (based on what you've posted) the book for charity is the one entitled "Kendo Nagasaki ... and the Man Behind the Mask," where he's shooting to raise £1,000,000 for the Lee Rigby KNFoundation ... (If interested in seeing a cover ... Click here ... ... and another book is here ...) ...

    Not too concerned what someone says about Kendo's original manager's sexual identity in connection with how anyone (in the business, wife, relative, friend or whoever) found Gillet to be, whether it was yester-millennium or yesterday (who knows for sure or who cares ???) ... Of course, if Kendo uses some so-called poetic licence in saying how he met Gillet I'd have to actually read that part of the book to find out ... Maybe it makes for a better read or maybe it's just hyperbolic crap ... but I'd have to read it to find out ...

    Glad you got lucky back then backstage by the dressing room and had a chance to see him in person at your friend promoter's show ...

    So at any rate, Kendo must now be even more very admired and appreciated for his book's benevolence ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Additionally, back in the summer he apparently needed some help in saving his music to an acceptable format while working with a music synthesizer (or something like that) ...

    At least that's what I gather after finding him on the Native Instruments Music Software & Hardware blog where he's a member ... (If interested ... Click here ... and click on Postings category) ...

    So if you can, KK ... Go find out how he's doing and, if you can, help him out !!! ...

    Cheers !!!]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBUTE TO BECKY!!!