THE DAY IT WENT DOWNHILL!!!!

 Many greater scribes than I have documented the day when female pro wrestling took on it's glamour image and many like myself agree it was not for the better.The start for me was when the girls of G.L.O.W.first appeared on the scene.So tame was their offerings that they sold in a mainline newsagents.The girls were actually listed as actress's in this case Sally one of many Farmers Daughters was played by Becky Mullen and the terrorist was Jeneen Jewitt.Was there ever a worse series than those produced by G.L.O.W.???

Comments

  1. Since I only saw them during a short time yestermillenium and if that was a fair sampling of what they were during their existence ... in a sense ... I can understand how you feel. After seeing many more of their productions on the Web for a better representation I'd have to say many of these fine women, while doing more glamor than wrestling in many cases, did give many good--sometimes even great--exhibitions.

    Yes ... on balance there was an overabundance of style over substance but the glamor aspect of it all was at least very well kept up and the women worked very well together.

    I'd have to say the producer, David McLane, had largely gotten the message you reference and so, after more consideration, launched the POWW series. After seeing many of these I'd say he made a vast improvement and the women were now giving substance more attention than in the GLOW effort.

    Just my views ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBUTE TO BECKY!!!