Unknown British wrestling footage (women)

Interesting footage from Pathe News which many years ago was shown in cinemas here in the U.K.but what was the year?I made a guess at late 1950's,looking at the men in the crowds who seemed split between the trilby hats  and what I believe was called a"DA"an hairstyle favoured by teddy boys.
Spotting who were the wrestlers is another game one comment I have read seemed to think one was Akala Jan who for some reason came from Algeria.Highly doubtful as Miss Jan I believe came from India and worked for Sue Britain mainly around West Yorkshire in the 70's.

Comments

  1. No, not Akala Jan, who came along a bit later. I don't know who the girl in the long-legged leotard was, but I think the other one was Chi Chi Djaleb (one of the spellings I have seen) who also styled herself "The Empress of the Black Dagger". She would enter the ring in a bright red tabard, the curved dagger in her belt. She wrestled mainly in France. I'd put this at around the early '60's, just a bit later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBUTE TO BECKY!!!